Finding Your Families FDC Educator
Benefits of Family Day Care Services for your Family
- family day care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of child care; incorporating National Regulations, National Quality Standards educational frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
- parents are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy
- family day care provides early education and care in a nurturing, natural and flexible home learning environment.
- family day care offers the opportunity for children to form genuine long lasting bonds with their qualified and passionate early childhood educator.
- family day care can offer care during standard hours, evenings, before/after school, during school holidays and in some cases overnight and weekends.
- family day care educator’s offer individualised learning programs for the children they care for.
- family day care can provide education and care for babies and children up to 13 years of age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location.
- family day care provides experiences which reflect the diversity of your community.
About Elite Family Day Care Educators
Family day care educators are early childhood education and care professionals who engage in the principles and practices of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and work within the requirements of the National Quality Framework.
In order to provide a safe educational environment for children, there are requirements for all educators to:
- be registered with Elite FDC an approved family day care service
- hold or be actively working towards a Certificate Ill* level education and care qualification.
- meet national quality standards which include maintaining quality individualised learning programs, safe and hygienic learning environments, record keeping and qualifications.
- maintain current first aid and CPR certificates and training in the emergency management of asthma and anaphylaxis.
- maintain a clearance for working with children and police checks for all residents of the home over 18 years of age.
- participate in regular support and monitoring visits conducted by Elite.
- attend training, meetings and workshops periodically to maintain currency of skills and knowledge.
- maintain current public liability insurance coverage.